CHROME offers a private student loan solution through our partner, CU Student Choice, to offer you a smarter way to pay for college once all scholarships, grants and federal aid have been exhausted.
Our Student Choice Private Loan Solution
The federal government is the single largest source of financial aid to college students. If you need funding, Student Choice loans offer:
- Simple, straightforward terms and lower rates
- No up front costs or prepayment penalty
- Interest can be deferred up to 60 months
- Flexible repayment options
- 0.25% rate discount during repayment for automated electronic payments
- An easy line of credit structure that allows you to borrow additional funds
- Most 4-year public and private non-profit schools are eligible (over 2,000 participating schools)
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
- You can fill out a FREE application for Federal Student Aid found at fafsa.ed.gov
- To apply for a scholarship, check with the U.S. Department of Education's website for free information on preparing for and funding education beyond high school. This web site includes a free scholarship wizard.
- Tips: Take the maximum amount of Federal District Loans awarded. The government might pay the interest on "subsidized" loans. There is a capped low interest rate set by the government, as well as a deferred payment option until after leaving the school.
Our Student Choice partner offers a guide to financial aid, a library of student loan information, and a fast online loan application with a video tutorial. Smarter solutions for your next steps in higher education, from CHROME and CU Student Choice. Apply online or learn more.